This technique is based on the fact that adipose cells are very sensitive to cold. At a certain temperature, they die and the body gradually eliminates them in a perfectly natural way. This technique is designed to address moderate localised fatty deposits, it is not a treatment for cellulite nor for obesity. It cannot replace liposuction if the volume to be removed is significant.
- No anaesthesia is necessary (the pain from the suction cups disappears as soon as the freezing process starts to work).
- The area to be treated is identified and marked and before treatment a protective gel is applied to the area to be treated before the hand-held device (a type of suction cup) is put in place.
- Starting up the machine produces suction then gradual freezing to (-8 to -10 degrees) of the roll of fat.
- The session lasts for 60 to 70 minutes then the hand-held device is removed and the area is massaged.
After the treatment:
- Redness and numbness in the treated area will soon disappear.
- It is not necessary to wear a special compression garment.
- The patient can lead a normal life immediately but it is important to live a healthy lifestyle afterwards and keep well hydrated.
- The results will not be visible for four to six weeks and will constantly improve for three to four months.